Super Bowl LV Prop Bets
This is it guys. The God damned Super Bowl. Couple housekeeping items before I get to the bets. Saturday is the day to get whatever menu items you need for the game. That includes beer and spirits. Super Bowl Sunday is an all day event. You shouldn’t waste even a second of it at a store. Even a liquor store.
I have also taken the liberty of checking the schedule for any late games after the Super Bowl. We have one this year and it’s a college basketball game. It’s a good idea to go ahead and bet this when you bet your Super Bowl bets. (I’m taking Stanford.) You are going to be way too hammered to try to figure out who to bet day of the game. But you are going to be happy as hell that you bet someone when they tip-off at 10 pm.
I shouldn’t have to tell you this but I will. Every single play of the Super Bowl should affect you financially in some way. This is the last time we will care about a football game until September so don’t be stupid. It’s go time. Get down on this game in as many ways as possible. Trust me on this one. It’s been an awesome football season and we need to go out like the “friends of sports betting” that we are. You can’t win if you don’t bet.
Here is an example of some of the bets I have so far:
Tampa Bay Buccaneers TTO 27
You absolutely have to have a team total in the mix and this is my favorite one. I don’t know why I think this is going to happen, I just do. You would have to go all the way back to December 13th to find a game where the Buccaneers didn’t score at least 27 points. On that day, they only scored 26 against the Vikings and they only did it because their kicker missed an extra point. They have too many weapons on offense and will be looking to hang points all night.
The Buccaneers had a different player lead the team in receiving yards in each quarter of the regular season. In the FIFTH quarter, Chris Godwin has taken the lead and the Bucs continue to get creative with him in the slot. https://t.co/ByB9IQOyY6
— Scott Smith (@ScottSBucs) February 1, 2021
Tampa Bay Buccaneers +3
This is just standard procedure. You have to pick a side in the Super Bowl and this one is mine. I think their defense is going to be the difference and I think they can win the game straight up. I think if they lose, it’s on some nonsense at the end of the game and the Chiefs only win by one or two points.
Point Differential Since Week 10 – Remaining Playoff Teams
>> Includes postseason pic.twitter.com/2sW5nlZboV
— CBS Sports HQ (@CBSSportsHQ) January 22, 2021
- Team To Score Last Wins – No – (+146) – BetOnline
- Any Field Goal or Extra Point Attempt to hit Uprights or Crossbar – Yes – (+400) – BetOnline
- Any QB to throw a forward pass after a lateral (flea flicker) – Yes – (+225) – DraftKings
- Total Players to Attempt a Pass – 2.5 – (+165) – DraftKings
- A lead change to occur in quarter two – Yes – (+175) – DraftKings
- Total number of coaching challenges – 1.5 – (+220) – DraftKings
You have to have a few of these. It’s mandatory. Sometimes we can get a little carried away with the booze (responsibly), and this is a great way to keep your head in the game. You pretty much have action on every play when you have enough of these going. I would say a minimum of five is fine and there really is no maximum. Sky’s the limit here.
- Tom Brady Over 2.5 TD Passes (+125) – Draftkings
- Patrick Mahomes Over 40.5 Pass Attempts (-137) – DraftKings
- Patrick Mahomes Over 19.5 Rushing Yards (-140) – DraftKings
- Tom Brady Longest Completion Over 39.5 Yards (-106) – DraftKings
- TD Passes – First Half – Tom Brady Over 1.5 (+230) – DraftKings
- Clyde Edward-Helaire Over 15.5 Receiving Yards (-120) – DraftKings
- Ronald Jones Over 8.5 Rush Attempts (-112) – DraftKings
- Clyde Edwards-Helaire Over 2.5 Receptions (+107) – DraftKings
- Mecole Hardman Over 28.5 Receiving Yards (-121) – DraftKings
- Chris Godwin Longest Reception Over 24.5 Yards (-112) – DraftKings
I wish I had time to do a proper write up on all of these but I just don’t. I have a reason for all of them though. (Kind of.)
I may have a few more before kickoff but I think this is a good start. If you have any, don’t hold out on me. Just tweet me @SlopRules on Twitter. We need this!
Super Bowl LV Prop Bets